Sunday, April 17, 2011

Disneyland


We finally did it. Last year Aubrey asked if we could go to Disneyland sometime before she left home. We had always planned on going, we just never thought about when. So the gauntlet had been thrown down and after a lot of late night jobs and a little saving, we made it happen.


Unfortunatlly, Jackie had just started a new job and couldn't get the time off. So, without any parental supervision AT ALL! Her 5 kids Went to Disneyland.


Aubrey, driving somewhere south of Sacramento

Party in the backseat



Turns out, I still can't sleep the night before a big trip,  So I got everybody up reeeeely early (1:30). That meant we had some time to kill when we got there. So we did a little detour through Hollywood.
The Theater


 A little wax Museum

And the sign. 
The consensus was that the visit was now something we can say we did. Don't think we will be going back soon.  Makes the panhandlers in Ashland seem down right cuddly.


Made it!


Every girl need a carousel ride

Sev thought these were cool till he realized they were on a track and no passing



ON the bus to and from the Hotel.

Ferris Wheel togetherness
Waiting in line.
Dressed up like a pilot. Looked good on Sev......

They just don't make em in BIG kid size.

Still won't come out.

We found shelter in Bugs Land during the Rainstorm
Still raining.
Who knew? There is an official sign!


Happy even in line.
Raft ride. Cause we weren't wet enough already.
Hey Sev and Ash! Its just like Jumpin' Jellyfish! But in an elevator, in the dark,
with a bigger seatbelt, and a little faster, with lots of screaming!
You will love it! (They didn't love it)

NO.1 favorite movie.
We wrote postcard in line. Might as well be productive.


Disney California was fun

Four kids four tractor seats. 

It's a 5 pack of action figures.



I did a Dad tourist thing and took my kids to the Reagan Library on the way home. I don't know how much they apprecated it. They did humor me. 



  After the Reagen Library,  we decided to head home to see Jackie. After a suicide 10 hour drive straight through, we made it home at around 1:00 and suprised Mom.

It has been a few weeks since we completed our journey. There are a few things that I learned from our longest trip ever.  I learned that after spending 5 straight days in the same area as each other that my kids have very distinct personalities. They all make up this family and bring something that defines each one of them as a person and our family as a whole. Time in line is not that bad when you have someone to share it with. I literally spend the next week and a half having Disneyland dreams, I was back with my kids walking down Mainstreet and riding rides. I don't think it was where we were so much as it was being with each other with no other distractions and just getting to play.

Would I do it again?  In a heartbeat.





1 comment:

bestgrandkidsever said...

Great pictures, even better write-up!